Main Street Fibers supplies a wide variety of processed and packaged quality grade ferrous and non-ferrous scrap metal for consumers, both foreign and domestic. As recognized industry leaders with a reputation for quality, Main Street Fibers commands the highest value possible for its recyclable material. With our commitment to researching the recycling industry we are able to provide our customers with the highest possible value to the General Public and Commercial sector for their scrap metal.
Operating since 1983, Main Street Fibers is committed to our community. We work closely with local authorities to help prevent metal theft, hazardous waste and controlled substance discard to maintain a healthful environment.
Our dispatch department can schedule on time appointments to service the field operations of the construction and demolition industry with necessary equipment ( 45′ flat bed trailers, roll off boxes, locking bins, etc.) to complete your operation.
Iron: magnetic Ferrous material can be found in practically all applications industrial and residential. Vehicle parts, appliances, furniture, tools, structures. A magnet is the best tool to identify Ferrous metal. You can also visually identify it by looking for rust.
Ferrous metal is purchased subject to sample and analysis.
- #1 HMS (Heavy Melt Steel) — normally consists of steel scrap 1/4 inch and over in thickness. Includes plate and structural iron, cast, casing, steel wheels etc… Steel must be free of lead. Individual pieces not over 60×24 inches, prepared to insure furnace charging.
- #1 Unprepared — normally consists of steel scrap 1/4 inch and over in thickness, plate and structural, piping etc. and free of lead. Individual pieces over 60×24 inches, requires torching or cutting to insure furnace charging
- Tin / Sheet — light grade sheeting material, siding, auto skin, piping, tubing etc
- Tin & E-grade — steel sheeting with contamination, i.e.; insulation, plastic, etc. and free of lead.
*We do not accept Refrigerators or Air Conditioners.
- Steel turnings / shavings — clean steel turnings free of non ferrous metal and lead in a free state, scale or excessive oil. May not include badly rusted or corroded stock.
Metals with slight to no iron content and have a slight to non-magnetic value: Non Ferrous metal can be found in practically all applications industrial and residential. Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Stainless Steel and High Temp-Alloys, can be found in electrical, plumbing, structural, automotive, and many home and industrial hard good items. Non Ferrous metal is purchased subject to sample and analysis.
- Copper — tubing (with or without soldered connects), wire (insulated or stripped), sheeting, bar, block, electric motor windings, punch stock etc. Lots containing slight amounts of contaminants i.e.; plastic, steel, etc. are normally purchased as Refinery Brass.
- Brass — bearings, valves, borings, rod, punch, piping, radiators, air conditioner condensers, etc… This metal must maintain an absolute brass content for the highest value. Lots containing slight amounts of contaminants i.e.; plastic, steel etc. are normally purchased as Refinery Brass
- Aluminum — sheeting, tubing, extrusion, framing, plate, punch, bar, tank, molds, borings/turnings, wheels, casings, castings, wire, cable etc… May have paint and minimal oxidation. Lots containing contaminants are normally purchased as contaminated aluminum. Lots exceeding 50″x 24″x 24″ are subject to processing price adjustment.
- Stainless — sheeting, tubing, framing, plate, punch, bar, tank, borings/turnings, wire, cable etc. This metal must maintain an absolute stainless content for the highest value. Lots containing contaminants and or exceeding 50”x 24”x 24” are subject to processing price adjustment.
- Breakage — electric motors, transformers, pumps, starters, transmissions, sealed- various type metal units, etc… Breakage metal is based on 25% recovery of copper and/or other high grade non ferrous metal.
HIGH TEMP ALLOYS
Main Street Fibers also recycles alloy metals. These metals are normally found in specialty machine shops. Alloys can be welded together. These are purchased in solid and turning form.